- The word "Angel" is translated from the
Greek word "aggelos" (pronounced angelos) which means "messenger." It
is used in this form in the entire New Testament except for Luke 20:36 in the phrase
"equal unto the angels," where the word "Isaggelos" is used which
means "like an angel, angelic." They are also referred to in Scripture as
"The Host." Remember one of God's names is "LORD of Hosts."
- There are some people and groups who completely deny
the existence of angels simply because they do not understand that angels are a mysterious
group of spirit beings whom God uses in different ways and situations. The bottom line is
that Angels are real and those who deny their existence, are literally calling God a liar
because of the many Scriptures which speak of angels. By denying parts of the Bible they
are showing their salvation status and that is they are unsaved.
- Biblical Facts About The Angels
- 1. Hebrews 1:14 - Angels are spirits that minister to
Christ. (Psalm 68:17; Matthew 4:11)
- 2. Nehemiah 9:6 - They were created by God and
- 3. Hebrews 1:6 - The angels worship Christ.
- 4. Luke 1:19 - The deliver communication from God.
- 5. Psalm 103:20 - They obey the commandments of God
and are mighty in strength.
- 6. Genesis 19:13 - They execute the judgment of God.
- 7. Matthew 16:27 - They will accompany Christ at His
- 8. Luke 15:10 - They rejoice when a person becomes
- 9. Psalm 91:11 - They protect the Christian.
- 10. Colossians 2:18 - They are not to be worshipped
as this is forbidden. Deuteronomy 17:2-3; Jeremiah 8:1-3
- 11. 2 Samuel 14:20 - They have wisdom.
- 12. 2 Peter 2:11 - They are meek.
- 13. Matthew 25:31 - They are Holy.
- 14. 1 Timothy 5:21 - They are Elect.
- 15. Hebrew 12:22 - There are countless numbers of
- 16. Matthew 24:31 - They will gather all the elect
unto Christ on the last day.