Facts You Should Know
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- The number one trigger of daytime fatigue is lack of water.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak it is often mistaken for hunger.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory.
- One glass of water shuts down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a U-Washington study.
- The National Cancer Institute reported a study that showed the drinking of chlorinated water increases ones risks of developing bladder cancer by 80%.
- Unintentional chronic dehydration is the root of many serious diseases, including asthma, renal dysfunction, endocrine system and adrenal fatigue, high blood pressure and other cardiovascular problems, arthritis, ulcers, pancreatitis, digestive difficulties and lower back pain.
- One of the leading causes of Alzheimers disease is chronic dehydration.
- The majority of asthma cases are really misdiagnosed cases of chronic dehydration.
- The mucous that lines the stomach to protect it from hydrochloric acid is 98% water.
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily may decrease the risk of colon cancer by 45%.
- The risk of breast cancer may be decreased by as high as 79%.
- To remain healthy, an adult must consume approximately one 8-ounce glass of pure water (not tap water) for every other waking hour per day.
- Non-infectious "recurring" or chronic pains should be viewed as an indication of body thirst.
- The "dry mouth" is the very last sign of dehydration.
- Water regulates the volume of a cell from inside and salt regulates the amount of water outside the cell.
- Dehydration causes stress and stress causes further dehydration.
- The most prudent way to prevent migraines is the regular intake of water.
- Research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water daily could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- Every function of the body is monitored and regulated by the efficient flow of water.