- Doctrinal Statement for Scion of Zion
- 1) The Bible is the inerrant and infallible Word of God. The Old and
New Testaments were written under the direct inspiration of God the Holy Spirit. Both
testaments are of equal value for today's Christian. The Bible is God's
revelation and message to man and is in its completed form, with the book of Revelation as
the last addition to the Holy Scriptures. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- 2) There is one true living God who exists in three equal persons. A
great mystery nevertheless we accept it by faith. Genesis 1:26; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:22
- 3) Jesus Christ is eternal God and co-equal with God the Father and
God the Holy Spirit. He is also the only begotten Son of God. John 1:14; Hebrews 1:8
- 4) The incarnation of Jesus Christ is true and irrefutable - Isaiah
7:14; 9:6; Luke 2:10-12; Philippians 2:6-7
- 5) The Lord Jesus Christ willingly gave up His life on Golgotha to
redeem His people from the slavery of sin and Satan and to fulfill the requirements of
God's righteous and holy law, which man in his sinful state could not attain.
- Matt. 1:21;
- 6) We believe in the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. -
Luke 24:38-43; John 21:13-14
- 7) The Holy Spirit is the third person of the triune God. He is a
living being and He is not a force. John
14:26; 15:26; 16:7
- 8) Man is redeemed only through the blood of Christ, not by works. -
Isa. 64:6; Acts 4:12; Eph. 2:8-9; 1 Pet.1:18-19; Rev. 1:5; 5:9
- 9) The Genesis account of creation is absolutely true and
irrefutable. Genesis 1 & 2
- 10) One must be born again from above, by the Spirit, on this side
of the grave to obtain an entrance into Heaven. We are baptized into Christ and receive
the baptism in the Holy Spirit at the moment of salvation.
- Luke 24:49; John 3:1- 8;
Romans 6:3; 1 Peter 1:23-25
- 11) Satan and his host of demons are the outright enemies of Christ,
Christians, the Gospel, and the Bible. John 8:44; Rev. 12:7-9, 13:7
- 12) There are only two kingdoms on Earth: The kingdom of God and the kingdom of Satan. The destination of the
unsaved is a literal burning Hell, while the destination of the saved is heaven. Matt.
23:3; 25:41,46; Mark 9:43-49;
- 2 Cor.5:8; Heb.2:3; Rev.5:11; 20:15
- 13) We believe we are living in the latter days and that the second
advent of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent. These prophecies add urgency to the divine
mandate of sending forth the gospel. - 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18;
- 2 Timothy 3:1-7; 4:3-4; 1
- 14) We believe in the biblical doctrines of Election and
Predestination. Man is dead in his sin and is unable to understand his need for salvation.
Man in his sinful state rejects God, but God in His sovereignty has chosen to save many
- from eternal damnation. Belief in these doctrines does not negate our responsibility to
send forth the gospel to the world. God does not save apart from His Word. Mat.1:21; John
1:12-13; Acts 13:48; Rom.3:10-12; Romans 10:17;
- Eph.1:4; 2:1-3
- 15) We endorse the usage of the King James Bible owing to the purer
texts used in its translation. The Textus Receptus and the Masoretic Text
(Ben Chayyim Text) being the
preserved manuscripts and superior to all others.
- 2 Corinthians 2:17; Psalm. 12 6-7
- 16) We do not believe in the doctrine of "Christian
Perfection." It is impossible to be perfect on earth with a sin-tainted body and
mind. This doctrine is a derivative of a theology entitled "Process Theology"
which teaches that man must
- go through a process to become saved. The sacrifice of Christ
is sufficient to save a person forever without man's additions. Hebrews 10:11-12; Romans 7
- 17) We do not endorse any date setting for the return of the Lord
Jesus Christ. The Christian's responsibility is to be found faithfully
disseminating the Gospel and occupying the time till the Lord returns.
Deut. 29:29; Acts 17:31;
- Luke 19:13
- 18) Marriage is biblically defined as one man and one woman.
Sodomite marriage is an abomination unto the Lord and is to be rejected by true Christians. Satan knows that when the last one of God's Elect is born into this world, then
- his end has come and he tries to foster sodomite marriage
knowing that procreation would be impossible and therefore in his blinded
pride tries to stop that from happening. (Gen.
2:21-25; Luke 17:26-27; Jude 7)
- 19) We do not endorse any of the following:
- A. The Modern Charismatic Movement with all its accompanying signs -
Matthew 12:39; Revelation 22:18-19
- B. Roman Catholicism - Jeremiah 7:18; 44:17-19, 25
- C. The Ecumenical Movement - Jeremiah 23:11; Ezekiel 22:26; 2
- D. Necessity of Water Baptism for Salvation - Ephesians 2:8-9; 1
- E. Remarriage after Divorce - Mark 10:1-12; Luke 16:18
- F. Women Preachers - 1 Tim. 2:11-15; 1 Corinthians 14:34
- G. Creeds, Confessions, Catechisms, Commentaries or Councils as final
authorities - Rom. 4:3; Psalm 119
- H. Ecumenical Mega-Movements such as Promise Keepers - 2 Cor.
- I. Free Will Gospels - Ephesians 2:1-5
- J. Loss of Salvation - John 6:37, 39; Romans 8:33-39, 11:29; Eph.
4:30; 1 John 5:11-13
- K. Christian Reconstructionism (Dominion Theology) - Luke 17:20; John
18:36; Heb. 11:10, 12:22; Rev. 3:12, 21:2
- L. The "Dead Church Movement, Latter Rain, and High Place
Teachings " of Harold Camping - Jer. 3:14-19; 1 Cor. 11:23-26; Heb. 10:24-25; Heb. 13:17
- M. Christian Zionism - Psalm 40:7; Hebrews 10:7; Exodus 20:3; 1 Peter
- N. Annihilation - As taught by the Jehovah's Witnesses and Harold
Camping - 2 Thess. 1:8-9; Matthew 25:41, 45-46; Mark 3:29
- Table of Contents